- describing appropriate behavior without limiting freedom of expression
- giving faculty/staff and students an equal definition of what is ‘fair’
- providing a process by which behavior which is deemed inappropriate is dealt with quickly
- and making sure that process is outlined so that everyone affected knows what to expect.
There are draft documents for the new student code of conduct that have been sent to faculty and staff. Any student who would like a copy can either leave me a note here or send me an email (using that Genesee email account!) and I will send that to you. Since this is a DRAFT document, it is not something that is appropriate to put on a public web site like this one. But it is appropriate for me to offer to share it with you.
If you are interested (and many of you should be), there will be discussions about the draft that you are welcome and encouraged to attend.
The committee will be hosting 4 Open Sessions for Faculty, Staff and Students to discuss the Student Code of Conduct changes. The following are the dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 23 at 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in T119 A
- Thursday, August 25 at 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in T121
- Tuesday, August 30 at 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in T102
- Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. in T102
If you are not a Batavia student or cannot attend one of these sessions, and you have a question or concern, you can send that to me (email@example.com) and I will pass it on to the folk who can respond to your question/concern.