Just a list of things — in no particular order — you should think about doing before you leave for the summer…
- If you’re sticking around this summer — to work on campus or to take a summer class — or coming back for classes next Fall, go into Genesis and use that blue “Reset Your Password” button to update your password. If you last reset your password in January, it will expire about June-ish and by deliberately resetting it, you reset that counter.
- If you’re graduating and going on to another college in the Fall, don’t forget to ask for transcripts to be sent. You can set up the request now and when Spring grades are turned in, your transcript(s) will be sent. Go to this page for more information: http://www.genesee.edu/academics/transcripts.cfm
- Taking an online class? There’s still time to do your course evaluation. Log into Genesis, go to the My Courses page, look for the link on the right to “Course Surveys”
- Looking to sell back books? The bookstore in Batavia will buy back books at up to 50% of what you paid for them. You need to bring a student ID to sell back your books. If you’re at a Campus Center, ask the folk in the office when a Book Store rep will be at the campus to buy back books. More information here: http://geneseecc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBSellBackTextbookView?catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=33556
- Did you rent a textbook? Don’t forget that it must be returned by the last day of exams, which is May 13. More information in the Rental FAQ.
- Coming back next Fall? If you haven’t, register now for Fall classes. Not sure what courses you should take, see one of our many advisors: http://www.genesee.edu/depts/advisement/advisors/
- Still looking for a summer job? Check out the Job Bulletin sponsored by the Career Services office. See what’s available: http://www.genesee.edu/home/offices/career/job-bulletin/ New jobs posted regularly! Check it out!
- Need help with a resume? The Career Services office can help you with that, too! Check out the services: http://www.genesee.edu/home/offices/career/
Have a great summer, no matter what your plans are!