There is a planned upgrade to Internet hardware and software (Check Point Firewall) on Monday. This will impact wired access to the Internet in Batavia and all Campus Centers.
Systems impacted will be:
- Self Service Banner (SSB)
- Any sites supported at SUNY (i.e. Degree Works)
- Library (including the catalog and journal databases)
- Genesis and Blackboard. We are planning to route access to Genesis/Blackboard via a disaster site at our Dansville Campus. Access will only be available via wireless on campus OR from a non-GCC remote location.
- E-Mail – messages inside the college will continue to flow. Incoming and outgoing messages (to addresses outside of Genesee.edu) will be queued up and delivered when Internet access is restored.
- Genesee Website – external access to the website will point to a status page, stating that maintenance work is being performed. Internal access will work throughout the upgrade.
Most systems (except Banner Self Service (SSB), Library and the Genesee Website) should be accessible via wireless access (laptops or phones) as the wireless network will not be interrupted.
Banner INB users will receive a link that will allow for access to Banner outside of Genesis.
We will send out a message on Monday morning, to offer a status on where we are. If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please email the Help Desk (HelpDesk@genesee.edu).
If the upgrade concludes sooner than the anticipated schedule, we will send out a message.
Thank you for your patience.